Chevrolet Celebrates 100-Year History with Special Centennial Edition Corvette
One-hundred years ago, Chevrolet was founded by Swiss-born American racing pioneer, Louis-Joseph Chevrolet. To celebrate the company's venerable racing heritage, the American automaker has created a special 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette.
"Racing and performance are the roots of Chevrolet, a tradition carried forward today by Corvette," says Rick Scheidt, Vice President Marketing, Chevrolet. "The Centennial Edition not only celebrates our 100 years, it once again pushes Corvette forward for a new generation of sports car fans...Louis Chevrolet was a fearless racing pioneer who also designed our first car. Corvette is a natural fit to honor that legacy, while creating a compelling new package for sports car drivers."1
The 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition package will be available on all Corvette trims (i.e., the Grand Sport, Z06, and ZR1), starting this summer. In exclusive Carbon Flash metallic with satin black graphics, the package offers drivers signature Corvette sports car performance and technology, as well as a host of exclusive, special-edition design features.
2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette At a Glance- Aggressive aesthetic
- Exclusive Centennial Satin Black wheels made of lightweight cast-spun aluminum with a red line tracing the perimeter (size respective to model)
- Sinister-looking red brake calipers
- Magnetic Selective Ride Control - the world's fastest reacting suspension
- Badges honoring Chevy's hundred-years of racing history
- Ebony leather appointed instrument panel and doors accented with contrasting red stitching
- Special Centennial Edition seats with microfiber suede accents
At this time, pricing for the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette has not been released. A starting figure is expected to be announced this summer, shortly before its official launch.
Interested in more Chevy news? Stay tuned. Southworth Chevrolet in Bloomer, WI is dedicated to keeping you informed.
Source: 1 http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/07/2012-chevrolet-centennial-edition-corvette-is-all-about-racing-h/